Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sick Kiddos?

I took Izzy to the doctor yesterday. She has been running a high fever since Friday evening. She had the lowest one yesterday, 100.9, but I went ahead and took her just to be safe. Our appointment wasn't until 3:45pm so I had all three kids! On the way there, Tyler tells me that his throat hurts. I didn't think too much of it since he complains about things a lot. Well, while we were in the exam room waiting on Dr. Walley, I felt Tyler's head just because he was sitting next to me. He felt warm. So here I am debating....should I say anything? It could just be me...he may not be that warm....maybe he just feels warm b/c it is warm in the room.....


While we are sitting there and I'm debating what to do, Elijah tells me he has to go to the bathroom. When I opened the door, the nurse was coming out of another room, so I stopped her and asked if she could take his temp. She not so kindly told me to go up front and sign him in and she would take his temp and weight while I did so. So I've got one in my arms, one in the bathroom, and one with the perturbed nurse. Fun times!!


We make it back to the exam room to find Dr. Walley already looking at Tyler and telling me that his lymph nodes do feel swollen and his throat looks pretty red. AWESOME. He then moves on to check Elijah, just in case. This is one of the reasons I love him so much. He is such a great doctor, in case anyone is looking :) Lije checked out fine. Then comes Izzy's turn. She immediately starts clinging on to me and crying. She had a traumatic experience w/ her ear infections and we had to see another doctor who wasn't so tender w/ her ears! With much struggle and muscle, we finish the exam and he tells me that Izzy looks fine. He orders a throat swab on both the little ones.


Back to the waiting room. One other person is waiting. They get called back. Still waiting and Tyler tells me he has to go to the bathroom. So back to the bathroom we go again. When we get done, back to the waiting room. Not a good sign when all the employees are leaving. So after about 10 more minutes, we hear Dr. Walley call us back. Tyler has strep and Izzy must just be viral. Another reason I love Dr. Walley, he gives me 3 prescriptions! Anything to not have to come back in a few days with Elijah complaining about something or having fever.


By the time we leave the office, it's 5:30pm. If anyone reading this is familiar with Birmingham, you know that you don't want to be on the north side of Bham at 5:30pm and have to travel 65south! We made it home a little before 7:00pm. Nice. Ate Milo's. Got baths. Craig went and picked up prescriptions. Bedtime for Izzy and Tyler. Homework for Elijah. Medicine. Bedtime for Elijah. Everyone was asleep within 10 minutes! After all of this, I was ill to say the least. I was not nice to my wonderful husband who was willing to do whatever he needed to help get the children settled. Sorry Craig. I forgot to preface this story with the fact that I had worked, a lot, Thursday night, slept a couple of hours Friday, went shopping, bed late Friday night, family time Saturday, worked Saturday night, some sleep (interrupted w/ sick Izzy) Sunday, back to work Sunday night, home at midnight, up at 6am to get Elijah on the bus, Tyler up when I get back in the door, breakfast, Tyler to school, grocery store (w/Izzy), home, lunch, Izzy to bed for a nap, me on the couch for a 30 minute nap, up again, pick Tyler up from school, home 30 minutes, Elijah off the bus, drive to St. Vincent's for dr.'s appt....and then the story begins?!?!


I love my life!!!


The pictures tell all. I told Tyler to take a picture and then Izzy wanted her picture taken. So here we are at home, rainy day, sick (?) kiddos, and I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the day holds.


Tyler has the worst gas I have ever smelt from the antibiotics! YUCK!

No comments:

Our family waiting to see Santa

Our family waiting to see Santa

sleeping baby

sleeping baby
just so sweet!

Race Cars

Race Cars
Elijah was driving...can you see him?

Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear
Elijah loved Buzz!

Mickey's Philharmagic

Mickey's Philharmagic
Do you like our glasses?

Disney World!!

Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom
This was dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern...another great meal with characters!

Epcot

Epcot
Elijah loved the character greeting here...Pluto was great!

Hollywood and Vine

Hollywood and Vine
Breakfast with JoJo

Hollywood and Vine

Hollywood and Vine
Breakfast with June from Little Einstiens

Hollywood and Vine

Hollywood and Vine
They took our picture as we were leaving...great experience with character dining!

Hollywood and Vine

Hollywood and Vine
Me and Lije...he didn't really like the characters...their heads were big!

Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom
The boys have some fun while we wait for the train

Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom
Silly picture with Lije and Nana

Downtown Disney

Downtown Disney
Elijah is so silly

Charlie

Charlie